Mark D. Jacobson, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon Fellowship Trained in Hand & Upper Extremity
Mark D. Jacobson, MDRequest An
Dr. Jacobson treats a broad variety of orthopedic patients and conditions. He treats pediatric patients as well as adults. His practice includes the care of fractures, sports injuries, hand injuries and joint reconstruction. He performs total hip replacement and total knee replacement as well as total elbow replacement, joint replacement at the base of the thumb and in the fingers. He also performs arthroscopy of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and knee. He treats patients for traumatic injuries as well as arthritis and chronic injuries including carpal tunnel syndrome and overuse tendonitis of the forearm and elbow.
Dr. Jacobson grew up in La Mesa, California and returned to his home town to practice at Alvarado Orthopedic Medical Group in 1997. He is a general orthopedic surgeon who obtained specialty training through a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery. He is on staff at Alvarado Hospital, Sharp Grossmont Hospital and San Diego Outpatient Surgery Center.
Please call to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jacobson at the Alvarado/San Diego or La Mesa/Grossmont locations.
Dr. Jacobson specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures including:
- Joint Replacement
- Fractures & Arthroscopy
- Hand Surgery
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, Pharmacology - University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
- Medical: University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Bronx, NY
- Orthopedic Research Fellowship: Department of Orthopaedics Biomechanics and Muscle Physiology University of California, San Diego, California
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship: Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Loma Linda University Medical Center Loma Linda, California
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- California Orthopaedic Association
- San Diego County Medical Society
- Governing Board, Alvarado Hospital
- Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon